Redundancy & Nanny leaving
I want to make my nanny redundant. What should I do?
My nanny is leaving what should I do?
To inform Nannytax that your nanny is leaving, the quickest and simplest way is to log into the Nannytax desktop members area, go to ‘employee details’ top tab, and scroll down to ‘employee leaving’, which will open up a form for you to complete. Once we receive the completed form we will action your request.
Access our online Members Area for quick and easy access to:
- Tell us your new nanny details by heading to 'employee details' and completing our 'additional/replacement employee' form
- Tell us an employee is leaving by heading to 'employee details' and completing the 'employee leaving' form
- Tell us about a change of salary by heading to 'employee details' and completing the 'change employee salary' form
- Tell us that you or your nanny's contact details have changed by heading to 'my details' and completing the 'view/change my contact details' or for your nanny head to 'employee details' and complete the 'view/change employee contact details' form
Dates for your diary (up and coming payroll cut of dates):
Every month we submit information to HMRC and The Pensions Regulator. To ensure the information is correct and in line with legislation please inform us of any amendments to your nanny's payslips before the following dates:
- Weekly payslips: Your weekly payslips are dated for each Friday. You must let us know of any changes by the Wednesday of the week before the payslip is due. For example, if your payslip is due on the 30th of October, the payroll cut-off date would be Wednesday 21st October.
- Monthly payslips: 13th November 2020 (for your November payslip), 11th December 2020 (for your December payslip), and 13th January 2020 (for your January payslip).
- How do I set up a new employee? Login to the members area and add your new employee's details via 'payroll information form'
- How do I get a contract drawn up? Login to the mobile version of the members area and complete the contract request questionnaire within the HR Portal > Employment Contracts tab. Once this form is submitted our HR team will return a bespoke employment contract within 3 working days
- Does it cost extra to get a contract drawn up? No, it is included within your Nannytax subscription
- Why have my nanny's pension contributions not been deducted? Pension contributions start from the fourth month of employment
- Im looking to change my employee's salary. How do I do this? Login to the desktop members area and choose 'change employee salary' under the 'employee details' tab
- My employee is sick. What do I have to do? Unless specified otherwise in your contract, the first 3 consecutive days of sickness can go unpaid. From the fourth day of sickness onwards, statutory sick pay applies at the rate of £95.85 gross per week, fo up to 28 weeks.
- What is my monthly/quarterly HMRC liability bill made up of? Employee's tax, Employee's National Insurance, Employer's National insurance and student loans (if applicable)
- How do I pay my current liability to HMRC online? Please take a look at this step-by-step guide.
- My employee is leaving, how do I register this? Login to the desktop version of the members area and complete the 'employee leaving' form under the 'employee details' tab. You can expect to see the P45 and final HMRC liability bill emailed to you 10-15 working days after the nanny's last day
Tel: 020 3137 4401 (8.30 - 17.30, Monday to Friday)
Office Hours over Christmas 2020
Thursday 24th - Monday 28th December: Closed
Tuesday 29th - Thursday 31st December: Open 830am until 530pm
We reopen as usual from Monday 4th January 2021
For account queries and renewals:
Subscription or Renewal queries: