Top Five Facts
- Tax Free Childcare (TFC) is now open to applicants with children aged under four or disabled children. Click here to read more about TFC
- Parents with children aged four upwards can sign up to receive an email when Tax-Free Childcare becomes available to you. Click here to receive notification
- Parents or nannies who need help with Tax-Free Childcare can call the childcare services helpline – 0300 123 4097
- Tax-Free Childcare can be used to pay your nanny and tax and National Insurance Contributions (including Employers NICs), but cannot be used to pay your nanny’s pension or maternity pay.
- Nannies must be registered with a regulator (ie Ofsted) in order for their employers to be able to use Tax-Free Childcare
What is Tax-Free Childcare?
Tax-Free Childcare is a new government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare.
With Tax-Free Childcare, you will be able to open an online Childcare Account for each of your children. For every £8 you pay into your Childcare Account(s), the government will automatically pay in an extra £2. You can get up to £500 government support per child every three months towards your childcare costs. You can use this money to pay your nanny.
Read our Tax Free Childcare FAQs