Paediatric First Aid
Paediatric First Aid training differs from general First Aid training as it deals specifically with infants and children and it is an essential skill for anyone working with children.
What should be included in a Paediatric First Aid course?
- Planning for First Aid
- Dealing with emergencies
- Resuscitation of babies and children
- Recognising and dealing with shock
- Anaphylactic shock
- Electric shock
- Bleeding burns and scalds
Why is a Paediatric First Aid course useful?
- Applying efficient First Aid in an emergency situation, before the paramedics arrive on the scene, can be sometimes be life-saving.
- An up-to-date Paediatric First Aid certificate is also part of the mandatory criteria for Ofsted registration.
There are many organisations around the UK offering a variety of First Aid training — an internet search will provide details of training in your area. Courses will vary in price and length depending on your requirements.